TRENDY THREADS CONSIGNOR GUIDELINES May 15, 2019
Trendy Threads happily accepts better brand women’s, men’s, maternity, children’s and infants’ apparel, accessories and jewelry in excellent to new condition with the following guidelines. No appointment necessary; drop them in the store during business hours.
Make sure your name, address, email address and phone number are included in bags with items. Please do not leave items on the porch or outside the building.
Items accepted under all guidelines below will be sold with 40% provided to the consignor. Items will be displayed for sale for 4 months. After that time items will be disposed of at Trendy Threads’ discretion. Pricing of items is set by Trendy Threads and may be included in any discounts and sales promotions. Items not meeting the guidelines or brought in out of season become the property of Trendy Threads. These will be disposed of at a charge equal to the cost of handling and disposing of the items.
Items may be taken back by consignor at any time during the first 2 months. Consignor is responsible for finding and pulling the items and reviewing them with store before leaving.
Consignor checks will be available the 15th of every month for sales from the previous month. You may pick them up between the 15th and 29th of every month. They will be mailed the 30th. Mailing fee of 75c per check. You can also check your account if you are in to shop.
If you choose to donate items, the funds from the consignment will be held to help our friends and neighbors who need help. If, for example, someone’s home catches fire and they lose their things, Trendy Threads will provide them a gift certificate using those funds.
Apparel & Accessories
1. Spring and summer accepted February through June. Winter August through December. The following items accepted year-round:
- Jeans, sneakers, rain gear, dress shoes and closed toe casual shoes (boots winter only; sandals spring only).
- Maximum of 15 juniors and women’s items per week; a combined total of 20 items from other departments per week, unless we publicize a need for particular items.
2. Items must be current, clean, free of fraying, tears (except jeans that have fashion tears from manufacturer), holes and stains. Items with heavy lint or pet hair or with bad odors will not be accepted under consignment.
3. We do not accept worn undergarments and hosiery (bras, underwear, socks, panty hose, etc. New with Tags items accepted on a case by case basis. Slips and sleepwear accepted.
4. Better brands of apparel are accepted. This means brands that are not carried in discount stores included but not limited to Walmart or Kmart (E.g. Garanimals, George, Faded Glory, Time & Tru). Rules of thumb:
- Like new or new purses and shoes with an original retail of $30 and up.
- Adult sportswear with original retail of $25 and up; dresses, coats and suits with retail of $40 and up.
- Children’s and infants’ apparel with retails of $10 and up per piece. We no longer accept baby blankets and swaddles.
- Jewelry and accessories with an original retail of $15 and up.
Hard Line Items (non-apparel)
- Movie or full season series DVDs/Blu-ray in original cases with a run time exceeding 30 minutes and in full working condition accepted. No adult films please (X-rated). We no longer accept music CDs, books or VHS tapes.
- New! We now accept video game cartridges in excellent working condition.
- New! We now accept board games with all pieces in excellent, like new condition.
- Infant and children’s small furniture and accessories in new/like new condition and adhering to all current safety standards. Exceptions are:
Training potties, diapers and diaper genies, bath rings, teethers, tubs, stuffed animals, breast pumps, baby bottles (unless in new, sealed packaging).
- New! Jewelry boxes and organizers with an original retail of $20 or more for boxes and $10 or more for organizers in excellent to new condition.